Will it cost anything to get an estimate?
No. We will provide a computer-generated design by one of our Poolscape designers free of charge. This comprehensive proposal will outline how we propose to build your pool and will provide detailed pricing.
How long will it take to build my pool?
Typically, it will take six-to-eight weeks to build your pool. There are many factors such as the size and shape of your pool. Your jobsite’s slope and accessibility will also play a role.
Can I finance my pool?
Yes. Pools are typically financed through a long-term mortgage similar to a home mortgage. Financial lenders often look favorably upon swimming pool financing because of the added value to your home. For more information, click here.
Will your company help me with my Home Owners Association and/or permit?
Yes. We have a customer care specialist who will make sure that all of the necessary paperwork gets taken care of. If a permit is required, BIG SPLASH POOLS & PAVERS will do all of the work necessary to obtain the permit and cover any associated costs.
Will there be a job superintendent assigned to my project?
Yes. Each job will have a full-time construction superintendent to oversee every aspect of the construction process. Every customer will have an opportunity to meet with their superintendent before the construction of there pool starts.
Who will be building my pool?
From the excavation phase all the way through to the plaster finishing phase, all of the skilled craftsmen who work on your pool are part of our in-house workforce. We believe that this is one of the many factors that allow us to continually create swimming pools with the highest quality possible.
Do you offer a pool cleaning service?
Yes. We have a fully staffed maintenance department with maintenance technicians. Whether it’s weekly maintenance or the occasional warranty call, you can have a certified Big Splash Pools and Pavers technician take care of all your pool needs.
How do I go about selecting my pool’s design style and materials?
Our Outdoor Living on-line Idea Center has everything that a potential pool owner wants to see. We showcase an extensive selection of pool materials, including glass and ceramic tile, natural stones, and pool and deck finishes. We also feature multiple full-size pools and spas in our Idea Center. Each features different designs and materials to make it easy for you to visualize your own private paradise.
How do I select the right pool builder?
Make sure to interview your prospective builder very carefully. Here are a few things to consider.
What is the company’s reputation in the community?
- Do you know a friend or neighbor who has used the same company with good results? If not, can the company provide you with dozens of reliable references or customer report cards?
- How does the company treat you as a potential customer?
- How long has the company been in business, and how long have they been building in your area?
- How many pools have they built?
- Will the company provide you with a clear written estimate so that you’re not confused about what work will be done?
- Will they finish the project on time?
- Is the company in good standing with your local Building Department, the State Department of Consumer Affairs and/or Contractor’s Board?
- Will the company add hidden charges after the construction process has begun?
- Is the company financially stable so that there is no risk that you’ll be left with an unfinished pool if they go out of business?
- Will the company be careful to remove or take care of landscaping and other outdoor structures?
- Will they keep your property clean and safe throughout the construction process?
- Will a pool increase the value of my home? Yes. Most studies show that a pool will increase the value of your home anywhere between 7% and 15%, depending on where your house is located. It will also continue to increase in value throughout the years, just like your home.
Warranties are very important. At Big Splash Pools, we provide you with the strongest guarantee in the swimming pool industry. We are confident in the product we build and we offer a warranty that backs it up. You should always ask for and compare the warranties when requesting estimates from builders. You should also remember that a warranty is only as good as the company that issues it. Dozens of pool builders go out of business each year. And if they’re gone, so is your warranty.
- I sometimes see advertisements promising pools at very low prices. Should I consider this option? It is actually possible to build a pool at a low price. But you should be aware that to build a low cost pool, equipment, structural elements, craftsmanship, and design are all compromised. Besides ending up with a pool that doesn’t fit your property because of improper design, using poor quality construction materials can also put you and your family at risk. The old adage is still true: You get what you pay for. At Big Splash Pools, we know that the cost difference between a great job and a poor job doesn’t have to be significant. Your Big Splash Pools professionals will work with you to determine a budget that meets your needs. We can custom design your pool to fit your financial parameters, and we’ll also help you secure the appropriate financing. The end result is a beautiful and dependable custom pool that is affordable and within your budget.
The price of a pool is determined by much more than just the size and shape of that pool. Unfortunately, many contractors don’t include important factors that affect cost in the actual estimate they give you. This also means that you can get hit with hidden charges after construction has begun. Some important things to consider are:
- Quality of Materials
- Design Expertise
- Underground Strength and Durability
- Customer Service
- Time Required for Construction
Big Splash Pools estimates always include the highest quality materials available, superior craftsmanship, expert design, and unparalleled customer service. You also get the knowledge and expertise of more than 30 years of custom pool building experience. And we never submit a low introductory bid with the intent of making expensive changes later.
Surprisingly, construction costs for the pool structure itself do not vary greatly from pool to pool. Prices can be affected slightly by ease of access onto your property, demolition requirements prior to construction, and local permit costs. The size and design of the pool affect the cost too, but not as much as you might think.
Much of the variation in price is based on what is called “hardscape.” Hardscape is what is placed around your pool to enhance its design. The size and materials used in your deck, patios, waterfalls, gazebos, planter walls, and other features can be simple or sensational. As the customer, you have the greatest influence on your total budget as you control the design of your pool’s hardscape.
- Is financing readily available for this type of project?Yes. And it’s probably easier than you think. Tens of thousands of Floridians have discovered they can give their families a beautiful new pool by merely taking the equity in their home and converting it to cash. It’s easy, inexpensive, and very tax wise!
- It’s Easy. Financing is approved over the phone and documents are brought to you in your home.
- It’s Inexpensive. Because of our sheer volume (we’ve built many pools!), we attract the very best and most trusted lenders in the industry.
- It’s Tax Wise. Did you know that every dollar of interest you pay can be taken as a direct deduction from your taxable income?
You can also use your swimming pool financing to generate additional funds for other home improvement projects or to pay off other high interest, non-deductible credit cards. This often results in savings that literally pay for the home improvement
- How should I decide on the design of my pool?
Each property has unique features that should be considered when your pool is being designed. So does your family! At your request, a design expert from Big Splash Pools will meet with you at your home to discuss your pool needs and desires. He or she will ask you how you intend to use your pool. Is exercise important? How about family use? What about location? Where will the pool look best when viewed from your home? Our design expert may take photographs, video, or sketches of your yard. Then they’ll prepare a custom design at no charge…a design that fits your needs AND your budget! Big Splash Pools has received more national design awards than any other swimming pool contractor in the world.
Expert builders can construct quality pools in yards of all shapes and sizes. Our expert design and engineering team can work with the most challenging properties. You’ll be surprised by our innovative solutions that can turn your dreams into a beautiful backyard resort. Before you give up on your impossibly small yard or hillside location, call us for design advice. It’s free!
Yes many, technologies are is changing at an unprecedented rate, and swimming pools are no exception. Innovative water treatment options, fiber-optic lighting, spa products, remote controls, automatic cleaning systems, and many other options are now available to make your pool easier to maintain and more enjoyable than ever. Tell us what you would like, and we can show you how to do it.